Name of company: Transport For Wales
Introduction to the company:
Transport for Wales exists to drive forward the Welsh Government’s vision of a high quality, safe, integrated, affordable and accessible transport network that the people of Wales are proud of. Transport for Wales is key to delivering the Welsh Government’s key themes as set out in Prosperity for All: The National Strategy.
Working with other members of the Control Team, you will learn how TfWRS’ service is managed and controlled throughout the day. In particular, you will learn how we manage our daily train plan in a live Control environment, how we manage all forms of train service disruption, and how we contribute towards providing accurate and timely information to our customers.
Responsible for: Developing skills and knowledge that you will enable you to support the
Control Team in ensuring that all TfWRS journeys are completed and that all of our customers reach their intended destinations. You will develop skills that will enable you to keep industry rail systems up to date with train service information, and confidently respond to questions and enquiries from our frontline teams.
• Work closely with other TfWRS staff on shift to ensure obligations to customers are maintained throughout all passenger journeys.
• Accountable for providing accurate real time train service information to customers, both
internal and external, through means such as Tyrell and email messaging.
• The point of contact for frontline teams with customer enquiries.
• To input, monitor and support the dissemination of accurate, concise and timely information
on Customer Information Screens
• Ensuring control systems are kept up to date in ‘real time’
• Supporting the wider control team in incident management and recovery
Salary: £16,700 per annum
Hours: 37 Hours Per Week