Name of company: Newbold & Co, Solicitors
Introduction to company: Newbold Solicitors are one of the UK’s leading property and housing law firms based out of our three sites in South Wales.
Key duties: • Always ensure strict adherence to the SRA’s Accounts Rules.
• To update and maintain both client and office account as directed by the SRA Accounts Rules and Firm policies.
• To take debit card payments over the telephone, ensuring confidence when dealing with clients and contacts of the Firm.
• Using the Firm’s accounting software and case management to update client and account ledgers.
• To ensure that all banking is processed daily and reconciled.
• To ensure that all cheques are processed and signed off in accordance with Firm policies.
• To enter postings to the accounts system daily. This includes conveyancing transactions, which require adherence to the Firm’s completion checklists as appropriate.
• To assist in the entering of bills.
• To execute Telegraphic Transfers (both CHAPS and BACS).
• Ensure that all office account invoices are authorised and settled in a timely manner.
• Assisting the Post Completion team with nil balances (if capacity allows)
• To manage the Petty Cash procedure.
• To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
• Reporting on a regular basis (as appropriate) to the Partners/HR Manager, including completion targets, budgetary targets, bonus targets and salary information.
• Process the payroll on a monthly basis, and report to the HRMC as appropriate.
• Assist with the monthly/annual VAT return.
• Liaison with the Firm’s accountants as necessary.
• Assisting the COLP/COFA Support Officer and Office Account Supervisor with office account queries and budgetary information (cashflows and annual budgeting).
• Reporting any breaches or regulatory issues to the Partners/HR Manager.
Salary: £9.17 per hour