Name of company: Cardiff University
Key duties: To provide general technical assistance to others through working within University IT and by completing a training programme as set out by University IT in conjunction with the training provider as part of an apprenticeship scheme with a view to obtaining skills and expertise in ICT and ICT administration activities within higher education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deal with simple and routine enquires from internal and external customers in a professional manner, following established procedures, referring complex enquires to relevant staff members, ensuring all relevant facts and information needed is recorded and passed on
• Assist in the maintenance of routine records, updating databases as required, supporting the analysis of routine data/information as required
• Work on own initiative on set tasks ensuring standard guidelines and procedures are adhered to, recognising when to refer a problem to others.
• Take an active role in the team and support the team to achieve its objectives
• Ensure that IT workspaces are maintained through cleaning and undertaking routine care of area, machinery and equipment
• Ensure that IT workspaces are prepared for use by others, setting up and clearing away equipment, materials and supplies, transporting items as needed
• Ensure that an understanding of the importance of confidentiality is applied when undertaking all duties;
• Abide by University policies on Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity
• Perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role.
Salary: £8.35 per hour
Hours: 9am-5pm (35 hours)