Name of company: Transport For Wales
Introduction to the company:
Transport for Wales exists to drive forward the Welsh Government’s vision of a high quality, safe, integrated, affordable and accessible transport network that the people of Wales are proud of. Transport for Wales is key to delivering the Welsh Government’s key themes as set out in Prosperity for All: The National Strategy.
Purpose of role: Assist and support the Procurement team. Involvement of all aspects of all purchasing processes. Help develop and deliver the Procurement strategy for Rail Services. Responsible for: Perform various clerical and administrative tasks with the procurement function and supplier management for assigned contracts.
1. Supplier Management
• Issues arising from supply, pricing, disputes. Ensuring adherence to contract terms. Sourcing new suppliers/ alternative products based on best value. Enabling effective communication between TFW and external parties
• Opportunity to develop key procurement skills in conjunction and at the direction of HOP
3. Supplier Register
• Administer, develop and maintain
4. Purchasing System
• Providing support and guidance to ensure purchase orders are placed in an accurate and timely fashion with reference to Purchasing KPI’s.
• Working with cross-functional teams on procurement projects. Involved with stakeholders around the business to deliver procurement solutions. Involvement with new procurement system, roll-out and training.
• Exposure to contract drafting, implementation and management. Assisting with implementation of new procurement strategy throughout the department. Identification and capture of revenue generation and cost avoidance opportunities. Regular reporting of procurement activities and performance.
Salary: £16,700 per annum
Hours: 37 Hours Per Week