Name of company: Transport For Wales
Introduction to the company:
Transport for Wales exists to drive forward the Welsh Government’s vision of a high quality, safe, integrated, affordable and accessible transport network that the people of Wales are proud of. Transport for Wales is key to delivering the Welsh Government’s key themes as set out in Prosperity for All: The National Strategy.
Job Purpose: To be the lead person in the retail team for accepting new Ticket Vending Machines (TVM’s) into the retail ticket issuing systems (TIS) portfolio and manage their smooth operation during business as usual activity
1. Be the retail representative for the TVM project, led by Customer Integration (Enabling and install) and Transformation (Procurement, project management), attending meetings and keeping the retail systems manager and head of retail up to date with week by week progress throughout delivery.
2. Ensure that revenue at risk from TVM downtime is considered during all elements of the project and wider implications to the retail portfolio.
3. Write new processes to account for changes of keys and issue of new passwords and anything else that impacts the day to day operation of the TVM’s.
4. As there is a reduction in the number of cash and card TVM’s so there is a process that is required to account for the removal and safe depositing of cash during the project.
5. The new enlarged TVM estate will mean more TVM’s on unstaffed stations so solutions to fill them with tickets and empty them with cash can be considered and implemented working with the customer integration team.
6. Attend service reviews with the TVM suppliers and Retail Systems Manager.
7. Work closely with the Retail Analytics Manager to understand performance of the TVM’s and work towards improvements.
8. Assist the Retail systems manager with writing business cases for functional enhancements and replacement of life expired components.
9. Raise Purchase orders as requested by the Retail Analytics Manager.
10. Plan for events where TVM’s may be used more frequently than usual, with more frequent visits for ticket replenishment.
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Hours: 37 Hours Per Week