Name of company: Thompson STEM Engagement, Cardiff
Introduction to company: Thompson STEM Engagement (TSE) is an independent venture looking to develop workshops and shows to inspire the pursuit and interest of the STEM subjects. They have been in operation for three years, during which time they have performed multiple shows, attended conferences, and even consulted for a few of the UK’s biggest universities.
- Creating educational content in both video format for the company's YouTube channel and social media outlets
- Working alongside partners in Europlanet and The Faulkes Telescope Project to produce school content.
- Depending on restrictions regarding Covid-19 this post may also involve in person delivery of public engagement activities.
- In this role the participant will learn how to adapt complex scientific concepts into easily understandable content, video and audio editing, public speaking, meeting skills and project development.
- The post holder will be developing 1 piece of video content for public release per month as part of our 4 monthly released video schedule. For this, they will be supported in developing their content, writing and recording their script and learning how to edit the content.
- The post holder will be given a certain amount of creative control with the content they create as we would like this to align with their individual areas of interest as we would like the post holder to have a sense of ownership and passion for their work
Salary: National Living Wage
Hours: 25 hours per week